A little better maybe

Wednesday, 28 August 2013

5 meters of binding

I loved this .
 http://www.burdastyle.com/projects/1950s-flower-2-piece on burdastyle.

I wanted to make myself a circle skirt too.  I need something less than humdrum for a wedding a nice young couple have invited me to.
I found some cloud grey taffeta at the local car boot sale.  There's enough for a skirt and if I'm very careful, a sleeveless blouse.

This is what I ended up with.
craftsy.coms  lapped zipper tutorial 
some goldy coloured binding

5 1/2 meters of it!

no finish on seams, just used selvedges

I love my new skirt!  Yes, it is a bit big so I'm going to insert elastic into the waistband


I'm going to go all 50s and make a sticky out petticoat.  Or I could wait till my sister brings the one she bought for me.

Soon

1 comment: