A little better maybe

Tuesday, 2 July 2013

She looks so MellowYellow!

The 18 Y O wore a dress that I made a year or so back.


 Butterick 5315
It's a  (rare) sunny Sunday.  I snuck a picture of her on the lovely and clean, 155 omnibus!  (Hee hee!)

She likes this pose,  so here she is again at 17, similar pose.
A skirt I adjusted 3 years  ago
She chose both the pattern and the fabric.  She bought this mellow yellow 45" wide cotton percale with a pattern of flowers.  I added tan wooden buttons as I know she will only wear this with the combination of narrow belt, any one of  her pairs of shoes and  her large school bag, all in tan. I love it that she wears ankle socks with this dress (in white or a light colour).   My sister bought her the yellow bracelet;  it almost matches the main dress colour. 
The Blog Bit

DID IT LOOK LIKE THE PATTERN ENVELOPE?

Judge for yourself.  I've seen this dress on many a figure in many a blog and have  not seen one I don't like more than the photo on the front of the 'lope.

HOW EASY WAS IT?

Quite. I made it over two afternoons.  The only difficult bit was the binding on the collar.  I don't take well to reading instructions so I placed the pattern willy nilly, thinking I'd have enough for a headscarf.  I ran out of the fabric so I could not even make the required self bias; I really hate the satin bias I used in its place.  But she likes it and so do others so I'll live with it.  Like I have a choice.

DID YOU MAKE ANY ADJUSTMENTS TO THE PATTERN?

Yes.  I enlarged the Peter Pan of the collar at her request and during construction, I reversed the centre back pleat

WOULD YOU MAKE IT AGAIN?

YES. The 18 Y O wants another one in plain navy or navy and white stripes. 


My next project is a simple top I drafted from a Lutterloh pattern.  It will be for me and I will like it!

What's white and fluffy and hangs around in trees?

A meringue-utang!

Soon




No comments:

Post a Comment