A little better maybe

Saturday, 22 June 2013

Not what I expected!

So,  I've finished the blouse of the suit I was making. It's not what I expected it to look like.
The 18 Y O wants to wear it 'cause 'Big is in fashion'.  About time; although she means clothes, not people.

Some construction pictures
Front neck
shoulder and neck facing
Hem
Sleeve
 
I sometimes get into difficulty when pivoting on collars during top stitching. 
 What I tend to do is to use the collars other point as a lump leaper under the back of the presser foot but away from the needle. The foot usually has no problem with threads bunching up around the same stitch when trying to continue on after the pointy bit.


A bit I can't identify
 I even almost finished sewing the skirt and  hemmed it.
I bought some black stretch knit lining to finish it off.
  I chose said lining because I wanted to be comfortable on the warm days that I intend to wear the suit. (If we get any warm weather)  My legs often get all hot and uncomfortable in the heat. Then they go weak and numb because my Ms does not like heat.  I also have other reasons for my choice.  There's nothing wrong with slippery, shiny,  smooth lining except:
  • I travel by London bus; a lot. When the bus stops suddenly - they seem to do that a lot - I'm still moving forward (satin hates friction apparently) and have sometimes taken a comedy dive off the end of the seat! 
  • In the heat, these fabrics cause my legs to sweat.  Yuck!
  • I hate sewing slippery fabrics
  • I don't want to sew this type of lining with an elasticated waistband.
Its a bit too tricky and involved for a simple suit and as far as I'm concerned, I've already spent way too much time on it! In my mind, I'm hardly going to spend much time with a stretch lining. 
Did I say that I lost the stretch lining?  I put it away, somewhere...........?

Here's the blouse.

Me and Wiggy and the skirt I'm gonna wear .  I'll iron it though!

Do I have to tell you this is the back view?

I almost never like anything I make for myself!  So if you like it, please say 'Yay'. I could do with a boost.  Really though, I do like this blouse.  I can see why I made it up so many times.
Those stringy bits are gonna annoy me!
I might do a post on the skirt. Not the yellow one, that was bought at a local market one sunny Sunday about 5 years ago. Its unlikely as I think I may have chucked that lining.
On a more positive note, I have a blouse that I like!  (lol)

What do prisoners use to call each other?
They use cell phones!

Soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment