A little better maybe

Friday, 31 May 2013

Pfaff Creative 1475 CD mended for now!

Years ago, after a lot of sewing machine research, I decided on a Pfaff Creative 1475 CD with IDF.

The 23-Y-O was 5 months old at the time; my younger brother and I put her, in her little car seat, in the back of his motor and we drove to Hammersmith High Street, where I purchased my dream machine!

I lurved this machine, lurved it I tell you!
We made things together, me and Pfaffy; tiny baby clothes, little girly dresses with matching shoes, little and then big patchwork quilts, dresses, blouses, trousers and simple bags for me,  an outfit or two for a funeral or two, bridal frocks and suits, wedding dresses and suits, bridesmaid finery......


The actual machine
plus wear and tear


Then one day, a year or two after the guarantee ran out, the tension went kaput!

Arghhh!  No money, no machine; what to do?

I went to buy some veg for our tea one day and last minute, went to the  man in Tooting Broadway Market who sold and repaired machines, at that time.   He persuaded me to buy a heavy, zig-zag Husqvarna Viking 3010 machine that I couldn't even carry home.  It's a great machine. Sturdy, reliable, easy to fix, cheap replacement parts.  But it didn't do this





 or this,

or indeed this
not automatically, anyway!

I plodded on, Pfaffy sitting in the corner gathering dust, being moved from one corner to another, 

Then!
                                    
Hairdryer!

What!  (I hear you exclaim in disbelief)?

Well,

I had a laptop that also went kaput a while ago.  The best forum advice said: heat it up with a hairdryer around the circuit board bit.  The solder would melt, flow to the relevant components re- connect them, voila, laptop works again!
Did it work?  Your a bit curious now innit?

Did it ek-as-like! It just melted and warped the plastic. And I was using it on my hair, hair I tell you!

But,

I looked at Pfaffy, Pfaffy looked back, all forlorn and hound doggy, I walked past the hairdryer and, 

like I said!

so I took this

and held it around here
for a couple of minutes.  Aluminium body you see, not too many melty opportunities!

And now, Pfaffy does 
THIS

And I do THIS!

I hope this is of some use to someone out there and that it can work for somebody else.

In the meantime, I plan to make one of these



using some Georgette fabric wot I bought cheap, from Silkhance Fabrics in Tooting, but I cant find it at the moment.  And that's what you get for clearing things away!

The bag is ongoing, meaning I  haven't received my hardware yet but it looks like this so far.





I do not like that lilac but, It's done now and I'm not gonna change it again!  (long story)

I'm awaiting some lobster clasps and bag feet in silver effect.  I have large eyelets for the lobsters and should have bought silver rivets but I don't want to wait any longer.


Teacher: Why can't you ever answer any of my questions?
Pupil: Well if I could there wouldn't be much point in me being here !


1 comment:

  1. "We made things together, me and Pfaffy"

    hah, funny

    ReplyDelete