A little better maybe

Wednesday, 8 May 2013

Been sew long....

I have been sewing and cooking and knitting and exercising and playing candy crush and Free cell Solitaire.
The last two have taken up so much of my time that I have now allowed myself only 3 games of Solitaire at a time, and NO evil, addictive, candy crush.
(Of course this should be 3 games a day or even a week, but, its SOLITAIRE!!!.)

This is some of what I've been doing.


Admiring my daughter's talent for art








I made a gluten free,  banana chocolate chip cakes




 
 
I made a tree

for the book corner at work/school

 
I turned a frumpy, too-long dress into va-va-voom rock-chick for the 17-Year-Old

 
 
 
a jersey loosely pleated maxi skirt
 


 

sorry about the sideways pics


 was invaded by the Royal Junkyard blogger ( other daughter)




I snuck a Babylock sewing machine into the home. (He he he !)




I made a few more shirts


Handsewn collar
 
 
Total  wrongness
I thought I'd be OK without instruction.  I wasn't

 
I ordered a pattern system from over the intraweb;  I'm still trying to work out what to do with it

Its called the Haslam system of dressmaking and it involves a lot of reading.



 And
 
I've made up my mind to post something every week if possible, even if it's only an intention to make something, or a pattern I've traced, a hem I took up, a cake I cooked.......



 
 
 
See you soon....







No comments:

Post a Comment