A little better maybe

Thursday, 13 September 2012

Peter pan collar

I kept thinking, 'Peter Pan collar, Peter Pan collar'   So I took a blouse that the 22-Y-O gave to the 17-Y-O
Pinned one half of the PP collar to tracing paper,


Pinned and traced,  it's not your eyes, the pics are blurred



Pinned and traced more


Add 1cm seam to outside edge


Found spare cotton which I should have looked for before hand.



Cut 4 pieces
same with lightweight interfacing, 2 pieces.  Made two seperate collar pieces.





sewed, trimmed, turned, ironed, added binding (wot I made myself), to join the two halves of collar; 

fit to her neck.....

Very pleased with myself.





Showed 17-Y-O.





 'Too plain! Can't you embroider it or something?'




I suggest buttons and tiny dainty pearls
 
 
 
 


17-Y-O snorts.

 SNORTS!!!!!
 

'Buttons Mum?  Don't want buttons!'


Peter Pan!  Never liked that stupid story anyway!


 
She suggests chain.  So I hand stitch chain onto PP collar




 and we finally get something we both love!




 
PETER PAN COLLAR. Yay!
Said it before; a great story, Peter Pan......
Am making more of these, one black with silver chain and some others but without chain.



The 17-Y-O, I kid you not!

 


Teacher: You aren't paying attention to me. Are you having trouble hearing ?Pupil: No, teacher I'm having trouble listening !

No comments:

Post a Comment