A little better maybe

Thursday, 23 August 2012

Lace wedding bolero

Mum used to say 'Yuh too farse'. She was Jamaican. Still is! I was at a little gathering on Saturday and someone said she wanted to order a bolero from Amazon but it would not arrive in time for the wedding this Saturday.  So I piped up 'I made a bolero for a wedding a few years back' something like that. Next thing I know, I'm advising Silkhance Fabrics in Tooting to buy lace and she's coming to my house to try on a calico.......


 Next time, I'll keep my big mouth SHUT! I already made two of these, here's one in this link.  5 rows down
http://www.rarediamondcardsplus.co.uk/page21.htm

I sent a picture of the real thing but ...............I don't think she likes it!  No reply so far; her disapointment is palpable even over the miles.
image



I like it!



I would have added a scalloped edge to the back neck edge before sewing the shoulder seam if I'd thought about it but I told you Mum used to say 'Yuh too farse'!
So, 
I must not poke my nose into other people's business
I must not poke my nose into other people's business
I must not poke my nose into other people's business
I must not poke my nose into other people's business
I must not poke my nose into other people's business
I must not poke my nose into other people's business

This is the original pattern

http://voguepatterns.mccall.com/filebin/images/product_images/Full/V2237.jpg


That's it for now,  I'm going to spend a few days under my duvet with some tissues and the cider that Carlie bought me.   I know!!!

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing wrong with that jacket. It's actually really nice. You did the bride a solid and she should be grateful. But weddings are very stressful. Maybe it's an oversight...

    ReplyDelete