A little better maybe

Monday, 20 August 2012

Blueprint patterns and tatty bags

I used the Sure Fit Designs system to make myself a bodice and skirt blueprint pattern for my awkward shape. 
(Awkward is such an awkward word to type)




I think it's kind of space nurse
I know it's not perfect but I am so happy with the fit!  Of course, the sewing is pants but I was eager  to try the fit because I wanted to go to sleep!
It's something I can work with.  I am looking to make another twist front dress using a pattern I am going to try drafting  myself.  It will involve moving darts and centre front bodice grain line......

I also spent a little time making a trouser blueprint




and then made a pair, from an old queen size flat sheet, (lol) they are pictured here









 They are very comfortable  even for sitting in. I  shall make a pair soon, using some wool-mix fabric I picked up when I went to Posh Junk in Mitcham, London.


It was practically free, so I think I can afford to make mistakes.  If I do get it wrong though, I shall be cross because of the time and effort put forth so, I suppose I'll have to be careful.

I also want to make the 17-Y-O a satchel.  She always looks very neat, groomed almost.  Then you look at her handbag!



Tatty pap!

So I made a mock up in this Ikea canvas.  





I've been given a black leather jacket and it's going to be a satchel bag by the end of the holiday.
I'll be using instructions from The Bag Making Bible by Lisa Lam
 
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Bag-Making-Bible-Customizing/dp/071533624X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345469322&sr=8-1 

and the OCD Blog here.


I've been collecting magnetic fasteners and metal bits and bobs from old bags.  My old Singer 201K can handle leather. I know this 'cause I mended the 17-Y-O's nice leather bag, from River Island.

The Joke Latest

1st boy: My cat likes to drink lemon juice.

2nd boy: Wow! He must be a sourpuss!

1 comment: