A little better maybe

Tuesday, 31 July 2012

Not so horrendous!

I made myself a top, based on  a pattern in an old Burda magazine. It's this pattern 131  from March 2004

 and it is meant to look something like this

 This is how it is on me, kind of sofa covered apple. I think I need to learn to pose. Yeah, that'll make it  look better!

The 17 - Y-O thinks I look cute.  Cute!  Sigh.....
                                                                  .l..
I really like it on me.  It was very easy to make and since I have so many items in my wardrobe that I can wear with brown, I'm gonna get a lot of wear out of it!

Some more pictures

Vent in add on sleeve

Gathered side seams
Double stitched hems



There are only 2 pattern pieces, the rest being cut straight from the fabric.  There's meant to be a couple of  little drawstrings in a seam casing on the top of the sleeve vent from the shoulders. No.  Not for me.  The fabric is one I described as a chocolate brown with a silver and cream pattern. I bought the fabric 2 years ago and then as often happens, I immediately hated it and stuck it in a box along with other 'awkward fabric'.  It's a stretchy 100 denier hose kind of fabric.  When I looked at it again recently, I knew what I could do with it.  And I did this instead!
 I'm wearing it tonight but I want to take the hem up a couple inches. I think it falls at a length I call pure frump.  I'll post some more pics tomorrow if I remember! 

Enough for now.

How do you get an alien baby to sleep?

You rocket!   





No comments:

Post a Comment