A little better maybe

Sunday, 20 May 2012


IDEA INTERRUPTED


A friend of The nearly 17-year-old gave me this fabric, from Kenya.


  I had the idea of making a two piece dress for myself using this old pattern Simplicity 4487
 and a standard Burda, bias cut A-line skirt.  17-tear-old waltzed into my bedroom/workspace, and declared the fabric hers as "it would make me a nice shirt waist dress"!  Drat!  No, I don't mean brat!
Does she really suppose I can turn out a wardrobe of clothes for her just like that? I know! 
I'm keeping the fabric for myself even though I'm bound to end up looking like a 70's sofa. BTW, this bog is called sew much, not style much better.  It's a process






Free from Posh Junk, (a second hand shop in Mitcham) after I bought £15 of fabric including

this silky stuff, 4 meters and 

this viscose type fabric, 5 meters approx.

Nothing I buy is cheap, it's all bargain dahling!

Guy sez to the Doctor, "Doc, I'm getting no reply to my tweets"!  Doc sez to the Guy, "Sorry, I'm not following you"!












No comments:

Post a Comment